Media coverage is a great way for the general public to
learn about the importance of Earth sciences and for Earth Science Week
to gain popularity. On this page you can find several resources to help
you develop stories about Earth Science Week.
What's New? Items, Press Releases, and Highlights
- Read the Highlights
and Newsclippings book.
- Read AGI's Press Release
about the 2005 Contest Winners! Learn more about the winners and finalists
and their entries here. (December
- Read the summary of Congresswoman Lynn
Woolsey's speech on behalf of Earth Science Week. (October 19, 2005)
- Read the latest edition of the Earth
Science Week Update. (October 19, 2005)
- Check out the Earth Science Week press release on USA
Today's Education website (October 19, 2005)
- Read President George W. Bush's Earth Science Week 2005 Presidential
Message. (October 17, 2005)
- Check out NOAA's Earth Explorer activity and their "Mystery
(August 30, 2005)
- Read the message from the acting director of the USGS on the importance
of Earth Science Week 2005 here.
- Read AGI's Press Release about Earth Science Week, the 2005 theme,
and the new 2005 toolkits here.
- Read the Press Release about the Earth Science Week National Contests
- Read the Highlights
and Newsclippings book. (May 16, 2005)
- President George W. Bush issued a Message recognizing Earth Science
Week 2004. Read this Mesage
here. (October 12, 2004)
- The State of Florida issued a Press Release on Earth Science Week
events around the state. Click here
to read it. (October 11, 2004)
- The American Geosciences Institute issued a Press
Release on the importance of Earth Science Week and highlighted
written by the heads of the USGS and NOAA. (October 8, 2004)
- The U.S. Geological Survey Director issued an Earth Science Week
Message (October, 2004). Read this message here.
- The American Geosciences Institute issued a Press Release on the
theme and contests for Earth Science Week 2004.
Read it here.
2013 All rights reserved.
American Geosciences Institute,
4220 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22302-1502.
Please send any comments or problems with this site to: firstname.lastname@example.org.