EARTH SCIENCE WEEK UPDATE: Special Alert!
American Geosciences Institute - July 2017
Earth Science Week 2017 Toolkit: Order Today!
Earth Science Week 2017 Toolkits are available for advance orders now! The toolkit contains everything you need to prepare for Earth Science Week (October 8-14, 2017), which celebrates the theme "Earth and Human Activity."
To ensure that you are among the first to receive these exciting educational resources, order yours today. The Earth Science Week 2017 Toolkit includes:
- 12-month school-year activity calendar, suitable for hanging
- New Earth Science Week poster, including a learning activity
- NASA materials on Earth science and LandSat images
- U.S. Geological Survey teaching resources information
- National Park Service posters on glaciers, fossils, and clean air
- Geologic Map Day poster dealing with karst and sinkholes
- Mineral Education Coallition's "What's In My Toothpaste" game
- Association of American Geographers GeoMentors flyer
- Bureau of Land Management dinosaur coloring page
- CZO-sponsored The Earth Scientist newsletter
- Material on using Google Earth in geoscience instruction
- Soil Science Society of America magnetic bookmark
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute posters on the biosphere
- UNAVCO Tectonic Motions of Alaska poster
- Switch Energy Project information on video resources
- National Wildlife Federation Eco-Schools USA postcard
- Material on GSA's EarthCache in Education program
- Natural Resources Conservation Service information on soils
- CLEAN, AIPG, IRIS, NCKRI, Flyover Country information
- Brochures, bookmarks, fact sheets, postcards, and more
Earth Science Week is an annual event that has been led by AGI along with its sponsors and the greater geoscience community since 1998. To mark the occasion of the 20th annual Earth Science Week, AGI and key program partners are offering many new materials, tools, and other resources for participants. The Earth Science Week 2017 Toolkit will ship starting in August 2017.
Under a new price structure, copies of the toolkit are free and available for the cost of shipping and handling ($8.50 for the first kit, $2.25 for each additional kit in the United States). For ordering, special shipping, bulk orders, and more information, visit Earth Science Week online or phone AGI Publications at 703-379-2480.
The American Geosciences Institute is a nonprofit federation of geoscientific and professional associations that represents more than 250,000 geologists, geophysicists and other earth scientists. Founded in 1948, AGI provides information services to geoscientists, serves as a voice of shared interests in the profession, plays a major role in strengthening geoscience education, and strives to increase public awareness of the vital role the geosciences play in society's use of resources, resiliency to natural hazards, and interaction with the environment. For contact information, please visit online. To subscribe to this newsletter, visit online and submit your email address.