- Entries will be judged by a panel of geoscientists and others based on the ways that visualizations help viewers understand an important aspect of Earth system science.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of geoscientists and others based on three criteria:
- The ways that visualizations help viewers understand an important aspect of Earth system science.
- The fit with the contest theme of “Visualizing My Earth”.
- Reliance on data (numeric or non-numeric) as the basis for the Earth system science that is depicted.
- In Phase 1 judging, the public is invited to evaluate entries.
- In Phase 2 judging, a panel of select Earth science specialists and educators evaluates those entries that received the highest numbers of votes from Phase 1.
- In all phases, the judgment of AGI staff is final regarding eligibility and evaluation.
Entrants may be asked to verify eligibility of entrant and image qualifications. Verification is subject to approval by AGI staff.
All decisions regarding eligibility and qualifications for entries to be considered valid for judging will be made by AGI staff and are final.