- Include one visualization that is entirely original or is a substantially altered public domain image, one written statement, and one completed entry form. One entry per individual.
- Be submitted in English (while international entries are welcome, entries must be submitted in English).
- Be submitted by an entrant who is age 14 or over at the time of contest registration.
Entrants must qualify in one of two categories:
- Category 1, Secondary School: A full-time student in secondary school (i.e. middle or high school).
- Category 2, Post-secondary Education: A full-time student at the postsecondary level (i.e. community college, accredited trade school, or university).
Entries must be submitted electronically by 5 p.m. EST, Friday, January 29, 2016, using the designated online platform.
Contestants under the age of 18 will need a parent's or legal guardian's permission to enter the contest. Contestants under the age of 18 must download, complete, and have their parent or legal guardian sign a permission form and submit it with entry.
Additional Rules: By submitting an entry, an entrant represents that the visualization is an original work, and the entrant is the sole owner of all rights to the visualization. An entrant also agrees to allow the American Geosciences Institute to use his or her name to post on the AGI web site, without compensation unless prohibited. Each entrant retains his or her rights to their visualization but grants to AGI a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the visualization, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any AGI purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion. AGI will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. The American Geosciences Institute, its agents and contractor, are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or postage-due entries. Contest void where prohibited or restricted by law. AGI reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion.Decisions of AGI are final and binding.
Please see complete guidelines on the Visualizing My Earth Challenge website upon contest registration.