- Learn the chemistry behind natural processes that shape our planet on Chemistry and Our Earth Day on Friday, October 14, 2011, as part of Earth Science Week.
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 (IYC 2011) is a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. Begin your exploration with the IYC Worldwide homepage (http://www.chemistry2011.org)!
- Check out the U.S. Geological Survey's Earth Science Week 2010 webpage, featuring "Capture an Image of Energy at Work" and much more!
- Looking for Earth science education resources in both Spanish and English? The new SEED Earth Science Week Online Toolkit (http://www.earthsciweek.org/seed/) has it all!
- The National Academies, advisers to the nation on science, engineering, and medicine, provide the facts about energy. To find out “What you need to know about energy”, click here.
- National Fossil Day is now part of Earth Science Week! To help you prepare for this year's National Fossil Day (October 12), please visit http://nature.nps.gov/geology/nationalfossilday for educational resources and information. NPS and AGI are joined by more than 130 sponsors
- The New Mexico Bureau of Geology has converted their teacher publication, Lite Geology, to an electronic format. The fall issue will focus on geothermal energy resources and will be released a few weeks before Earth Science Week 2010 to compliment this year's theme, “Exploring Energy.” To read Lite Geology and download PDF’s of recent issues, including the most recent issue focusing on planetary geology, click here.
Explore NASA’s Earth Science Week 2011 webpage, featuring a collection of rich data visualization and image resources, videos and much more! Take a look at http://climate.nasa.gov/esw2011/.
- Are you a Geoscientist planning to visit a classroom during Earth Science Week? Download the “Visiting Geoscientist” Handbook put together by AGI and AAPG.
- Become a fan of Earth Science Week by joining our NEW facebook Earth Science Week fan page!
- The makers of Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D have collaborated with Earth Science Week to create an Educator Guide using the movie to explore where "science fact meets science fiction."
- 2009 Earth Science Week kits are now available!
- Check out the updated Geoscience Career Resources page for links
to career, scholarship, and internship resources.
- The 2009 Earth Science Week Highlights and News Clippings Report is coming soon! The 2008 Earth Science Week Highlights and News Clippings Report
is now available for download. Visit
"Highlights from Past Years" to read more about the
activities and news coverage for 2008's Earth Science Week.
Pulse of Earth Science: National Status of K-12 Earth Science Education
website is now up! Visit for state-by-state information on K-12 enrollment
numbers, teacher certification requirements, course requirements,
science content standards, textbook adoptions and more.
- Check out the latest edition of our e-newsletter, The Earth Science Week Update.
Have any comments or suggestions for improving our website?
Click here to email the webmaster.
Link to all
2014 Earth Science Week-related press releases.
2014 All rights reserved.
American Geosciences Institute,
4220 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22302-1502.
Please send any comments or problems with this site to: firstname.lastname@example.org.