Please check back from time to time for updates of the contest. These will appear in the ‘Updates’ link on the menu.
The contest is open to individuals or teams of interested persons of any age in any part of the world.
The entrant(s) must:
- Certify that all content in the video is original and belongs to the entrant(s).
- Obtain permission to use any location that is shown in the video.
- Ensure that all submission information (e.g., names and signatures on the Official Photo/Video Release Form (see below); location of place that is the entry focus site) are accurate.
- Verify that all team participants who are under 18 years of age have permission from parents or legal guardians to take part in the contest.
- Maintain safe practices.
- Be respectful of any featured location(s), other people using the site, and wildlife there.
- Provide complete contact information by which the entrant(s) can be reached.
- Serve as point of contact for the team.
- Respond to notifications from AGI in a timely manner.
IMPORTANT: To be eligible for the contest, AGI must receive three things:
1. Your YouTube submission (completed by following these directions).
2. Signed Official Photo/Video Release Form emailed to Celia Thomas at email@example.com. This includes release forms for any participants featured in the video who are under the age of 18. The Official Photo/Video Release Form can be found here.
3. Completed Google Form.
Your video submission is considered incomplete until we receive these items.
All eligible submissions must be received electronically by 5 p.m. ET, Friday, October 13, 2017.
Any entrant(s) under the age of 18 will need a parent's or legal guardian's permission to be part of a team that enters the contest. Contestants under the age of 18 must download, complete, and have their parent or legal guardian sign a permission form and submit it with entry.
Any people in the video who can be visibly recognized must sign an Official Photo/Video Release Form before the entry is submitted—minors must have parent or guardian signatures.
In addition to the video, complete entries will include:
- The names and ages of all entrant(s).
- The name of the site and a brief description of any featured location(s), including longitude and latitude.
Videos should run between 30 and 90 seconds in duration.
Entries must be suitable for display to a general audience with respect to language, visual content, presentation, themes discussed, and related issues.
All entries must be completed in English, and videos must include content that is entirely understandable to an English-speaking audience.
While the copyright for the video and its content is retained by the entrant(s), entering the contest automatically provides AGI the right to display the video online and/or in any public or private settings without restriction.
Videos must be previously unpublished, original content and must be the sole property of the entrants, not previously submitted to any other contest. Published material includes that which has been posted on the Internet. Videos may include footage shot at the site, animations, computer images, drawings, data, and so on.
By submitting an entry, the entrant(s) represents that the video is an original work, and the entrant(s) is the sole owner of all rights to the video. The entrant(s) also agrees to allow the American Geosciences Institute to use his or her name to post on the AGI website, without compensation unless prohibited. Each entrant(s) retains his or her rights to their video but grants to AGI a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the video, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any AGI purpose, including, but not limited to, education, advertising, and promotion. AGI will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. The American Geosciences Institute, its agents and contractor, are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or postage-due entries. The entrant is responsible for obtaining legal permission to film on the location they have chosen. Contest void where prohibited or restricted by law. AGI reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion. Decisions of AGI are final and binding.
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----