EARTH SCIENCE WEEK UPDATE: Special Alert!
American Geosciences Institute - September 2020
CLEAN Webinar Series Tackles Climate and Energy
The Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness Network (CLEAN) Webinar Series is gearing up to help teachers learn how to use the CLEAN collection to teach about climate and energy before, during, and beyond Earth Science Week 2020.
From October 5 through November 11, the 2020 professional development webinar series will cover several timely topics:
- Introduction to CLEAN
- Teaching about Climate and Energy With CLEAN
- It's Us: Humans as Agents of Change Within Earth's Climate System
- Teaching Climate Consequences With CLEAN: Motivate and Inspire, Don't Despair
- Strategies for Integrating Climate Science Into the Elementary Classroom
- The UC Berkeley Understanding Global Change Project and CLEAN
For dates, registration, webinar recordings, and additional information, visit CLEAN.
The American Geosciences Institute is a nonprofit federation of geoscientific and professional associations that represents more than 250,000 geologists, geophysicists and other earth scientists. Founded in 1948, AGI provides information services to geoscientists, serves as a voice of shared interests in the profession, plays a major role in strengthening geoscience education, and strives to increase public awareness of the vital role the geosciences play in society's use of resources, resiliency to natural hazards, and interaction with the environment. For contact information, please visit online. To subscribe to this newsletter, visit online and submit your email address.